Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Editor Provider and TAB key
posted

Dear Support Team,

for igGridUpdating I have implemented my own Editor provider. It is using a textarea as the underlying editor. Editing works fine. But when pressing the TAB key, igGridUpdating is not moving to the next editable cell, like it is doing when using the default editors provided by ig.

My special handling of key 9 in onkeydown handler is just forcing that the changes get stored. What do I have to do to let igGrid move to the next editable cell in the table like it is doing when using the standard editors?

Hint: When pressing enter the navigation works. I have handled key code 13 not to move to the next row but to add the new line to the textarea and continue editing the current cell.

I have attached the java script code in the zip file.

Thanks for your help!

Michael Timpe

multilineeditor.zip
Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in our forums! I really appreciate the code that you provided. After I took a look at it I found the cause of the issue. The section where you handle the Tab key press you call endEdit. I remove this line and called _nextEdit method instead. I modified your code and prepared a sample page to demonstrate the approach.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Petko Zhekov
    Software Developer

multilineeditor updated.zip
Reply Children