Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Browser’s specific behavior and ignite text editors.
posted

Hello,

Using igTextEditor I found a problem. Before to initiate the plugin it is necessary to paste data into container which will be transformed to a text field. When the plugin is initiating it is storing these data in property _oldAttr. After canceling it can restore data to container. In more of cases this algorithm works fine. But when data contains html-code, browsers can transform these data. For example MSIE (I check in MSIE 8.0.6001.18702CO) do upper case for all tags. Also browsers (I check it in MSIE 8.0.6001.18702CO, FF 31.0, Google Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m) can transform single closed tag to single opened tag (for example tag BR) or to two tags (opened and closed) (for example tag P). Browsers can have other features. It means that the plugin takes incorrect data from a container. And developers, which use this plugin, cannot decide this problem. Possible solution - to paste data into text field after plugin's initiating excluding using data pasting into container. But this feature must be described in documentation and API-manual. Or it is necessary to change plugin’s behavior.

Best regards!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Sergey,

Could you please describe in details what is the behavior that you cannot find a solution for ? Please try to figure out the exact steps to reproduce. I am note sure that I understood you correctly so it will be highly appreciated if more details and steps are provided. Please feel welcome to send an isolated sample as well.

I will be glad to assist you further on that.

Children