Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Event CellEnded does't work properly
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to use the event editCellEnded when change to other cell in the row that i'm editing, catch the event and do some stuff. But the event only raise when finish or cancel the editing of the row.

Any idea?

To inform i tried to subcribe with:

(document).delegate("#TablaParametrizacion", "iggridupdatingeditcellended", function (evt, ui) {
/*Do stuff*/
});

$("#TablaParametrizacion").live("iggridupdatingeditcellended", function (event, ui) {
/*Do stuff*/
});

The "#TablaParametrizacion" is the id of the "div" which contains the igrid table.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Ricardo,

The editCell* events are used with editMode: "cell" by design and editRow* events are used in combination with editMode: "row". However the editCell* events are also fired when editMode: "row" not after each cell is edited, but before the corresponding editRow* events fire.

I guess that you're using editMode: "row" for the grid updating, that's why editCellEnded event is fired(actually the event is fired multiple times once per column) before editRowEnded event. As I already said this is by design.

When in edit mode igGridUpdating uses igEditor instances for each column. You can take advantage of the igEditor events in order to achieve what you're looking for. In order to get the editor for a column you can use the igGridUpdating.editorForKey API. Place your binding code in igGridUpdating.editRowStarted event, but be sure to do it only once.

I'm attaching a sample which demonstrates this.

Hope this helps,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc. 

igGridUpdating_valueChanged.zip
Reply Children