Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No Status or Complete client side event if uploadUrl specified
posted

I have a igUpload that if I don't specify the uploadUrl will work fine with progress etc and will upload a file to a temp directory.

However I can't use any of the events outlined like so:

UploadProgressManager upm = UploadProgressManager.Instance;

upm.AddFinishingUploadEventHandler("ucProfilePhoto", this.OnFileFinishing);

Because first the AddFinishingUploadEventHandler function gets called when the status is starting, not just when finishing, and second there is not HttpContext.Current.User so there is no way to go and handle the file and put it somewhere intelligent.

Thus I have to use the uploadUrl property and specify an action to go to. It gets called and I return 202 back from the handler, but there is no progress while the file is uploading (even though there is when no uploadUrl is specified with the exact same settings) and the client side events do not fire when the response is received on the client side for the UploadFinished.

(yes I have the entries in the web.config as per the help documentation and they're working as per above)

What am I doing wrong?

I'm just trying to upload a single file and refresh an image once the file is complete but no dice.

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Geminiman,

Thank you for using our community. Can you specify with some more details what scenario do you need to achieve. If you just need to handle the case when a file is uploaded you can handle the FileUploded client event it will be fired when the file is completely uploaded on the server. Or you need to upload a picture and to show this picture once it is uploaded. Please clarify this in order for me to assist you further.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Georgi Sashev

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://es.infragistics.com/support

Children