Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
REST + CRUD Sample
posted

Is there a sample somewhere of doing RESTFUL CRUD operations on the datasource?

I.e. I need to be able to have all changed records get posted in an json array to a PUT method, Inserts to a POSt in a json array, and deletes as the URL with a parameter repeated for each of the primary keys for the deleted records.

I'm not finding any documentation on how to do this at all, and the samples are only showing a single "update" url instead of broken down ones.

Thanks for any assistance!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

you don't need multiple URLs in order to achieve CRUD, because what's sent in the POST request (when your Update URL is hit) is a serialized JSON list of transactions, where each transaction has a type - update, delete, add, etc. So you need to handle the transaction list, as it is described in the following help link, and that should do:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/jQuery/2012.1/CLR4.0/HTML/igGrid_Updating.html

if you aren't using .NET, you can take the ig_transactions param from the request and parse it using your server-side technology/language of choice . the "type" property of every transaction in the list specifies whether it's an "add", "delete", etc. "type" can take the following values:

1) "cell" - it means a cell was updated, then you can use the value property to get the new value

2) "row" - updating of a row

3) "addrow" 

4) "deleterow" 

Hope it helps. Thanks,

Angel

Children