Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Prev and Next for Paging
posted

Hi,

I need custom paging for prev and next button. If I click next button it should goto api and fetch next 10 records. Anything available?

Thanks

Ravi

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting in our community!

I have been looking into your question and I believe that you will find our Remote Paging section here quite helpful as it provides information on how remote paging could be handled automatically when using Ignite UI for MVC.

Additionally, the number of records that are loaded and displayed when clicking the Next/Prev buttons are determined by the pageSize option of the igGridPaging feature and in order to specify that 10 records should be fetched, the igGridPaging configuration should be similar to the following:

.Features(features =>
    {
        features.Paging().Type(OpType.Remote).PageSize(10);
    })

Attached could be found a small sample, i.e., remotePaging MVC Helpers automatic.zip, demonstrating this approach.

Furthermore, in case you are implementing your own remote service, I would suggest referring to our Handling Remote Paging section here as it provides detailed information along with code snippets demonstrating how the paging feature could be configured to retrieve a specified chunk of data and properly initialize and render the pager.

Attached could be found a sample, i.e., remotePaging MVC Helpers custom handler.zip, demonstrating this approach as well.

Please test them on your side and let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.

Additionally, if this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve, please feel free to modify it and send it back to me along with steps to reproduce it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
    Riva Ivanova
    Associate Software Developer

8510.remotePaging MVC Helpers automatic.zip

2234.remotePaging MVC Helpers custom handler.zip

Reply Children