Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
API call too slow , can I put a spinner inside the grid until the data shows up? or maybe I can do Igx-toast ?
posted

I do not have control over my DB so the GET request takes about 8 seconds to bring a response from the server. On a normal HTML/JS table, usually I put a spinner on the middle of table until the table loads. could this be possible on Igx-grid?...or maybe I can use Igx-toast until the data loads?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Gerald,

If you bind the IgxGrid initially to an empty array it will display a no-data-message which is configured using the IgxGrid's "emptyGridMessage" property. You can put there a string value, for example "Loading...". Later when you populate the array with data the message will disappear. Alternatively you can use a toast with “autoHide” set to false and this way you can control when exactly it is shown and hidden. I am attaching a sample showing both approaches.

If you require any further assistance on the matter, please let me know. 

Sincerely,
    Radko Kolev
    Senior Software Developer

4101.GridLoading.zip

Children
No Data