Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Disable/Hide docking areas and splitter
posted

Hi,

I'm using the DockManager to add support for undocking a portion of the UI, however, I don't want the rest of that stuff that the DockManager offers.

I want to be able to disable the splitter in between panes so the user can't resize anything when it's docked. 

I'd also like to completely hide docking indicators when I'm dragging a floating window to redock it.

Basically  I want to remove the middle indicators, and the top and bottom indicators in this screenshot:

As for the disabling the splitter, is this even possible? It seems like the DockManager only offers SplitPanes, which I assume must have a splitter.

Would it be easier for me to just write my own solution? 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your post!

All of your above requirements can be achieved through the usage of styles for the respective parts of the XamDockManager. The three parts that you will want to style are DockedPaneSplitter, SplitPaneSplitter, and DockingIndicator. To disable the splitters, I would recommend a single setter in each of the splitter-related styles that targets the IsEnabled property. If you set this property to false, you can disallow resizing of the panes while they are docked.

Regarding hiding the Center, Top, and Bottom docking indicators, I would recommend using triggers in the style for the DockingIndicator. If you target the Position property with three separate triggers and have them fire on "Top", "Bottom", and "Center", then you can use a setter in each one for Visibility. If you set this visibility property to "Collapsed", you will hide the top, center, and bottom docking indicators.

I have attached a sample project to demonstrate the above.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XamDockManagerDockingCase.zip