Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamgrid virtualization issue
posted

I am using XamGrid in XamTile. When I set the Height and Width for the XamGrid, it loads and scrolls horizonally/vertically good.

If I don't set the Height & width of the XamGrid, it loads in 2-3 minutes (may be not virtualizing). I cannot set the height/width because it takes from whole XamTile size. 

Question:

Is there any property which tells whether or not the XamGrid is virtualizing? 
How can handle this scenario where the XamGrid or its container cannot have fixed height width? Is veritualization possible here?
What other test I can do load XamGrid faster. It is read-only with some Group Columns hierarchy which are created at the runtime.

version 14.1 with SP1.

posted

Hello Gajender,

I am checking if this is still an issue for you.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

posted

Hi Gajender,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into your question and the virtualization of the XamGrid cannot be turn on/off by setting a property. Could you please try to set the Height and the Width of the XamGrid like:

Height="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ig:XamTile}}, Path=Height}"

Width="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type ig:XamTile}}, Path=Width}"

If the issue still occurs, could you please a sample application that shows the issue in order to investigate it on my side?

Looking forward to hearing from you.