Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bubble Charts
posted

Here we go again. Just one more question among many. Growing somehow tired of infragistics. Is this some kind of russian company?

Lets say in the case of an bubble chart, we have some bubbles. Not so difficult? yeah.
One bubble is defined by X, Y and Radius value. Not so difficult eather?
One bubble also has a color? Yeah. Nice.

In my data object lets say BubbleItem I can define those three properties (x,y and r). And I can map them too.

So why in all the heavens and hells I cant map the color too? 

Why Infragistics allways thinks we should use some interpolations and order numbers in the way YOU think it is aproppriate?

It is 30min coding task (One DP "BrushPathMember", one if block to set user color).

Only solution to try was to repaint on Marker.Loaded event. This caused many bubbles to change the color on zoom in/out (randomly).

And it is a wrong way to do, as markers are repainted on zoom in and out.

Selecting small area of the chart with mouse also caused different view each time zooming out. 

So WTF Infragistics? Maybe: we looked into your issue an we found it to be a good idea... crap!

Be aware tha some software companies create charts that dont fit in you example solution.

THANK YOU!