Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Disable automatic pane reindexing
posted

Hi,
I have noticed that the XamDockManager sometimes automatically reindexes its tab headers. I made a sample project that illustrates this. If you start the project, select for example pane #6, then drag the window smaller so that pane #6 shouldn't be within sight anymore, then pane #6 is automatically moved to the first (left) tab.

This is just one scenario where I know this reindexing occurs, but maybe there are more scenarios. I never want this to happen, so I would like to disable the reindexing all together. is this possible?

Regards, Stefan

TestTabHeaders.zip
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Stefan and thank you for posting!

I have been looking into your description and it seems that currently there is no functionality that allows the user to stop the repositioning of the panes when they are not in view. XamDockManager is based on Visual Studio panes behavior and it is the same there too – if a pane is activated it is repositioned so that it is always visible so that it content could be rendered. To keep the same order you can handle the resizing of the window event and activate the first pane: pane1.Activate(); so that the rest of the panes keeps their position.