Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
calculating summary using SummaryEvaluationMode manual with nested data source
posted

Hello.

I am using the SummaryEvaluationMode=Manual to do some custom summary calculations and have found it to be quite useful.  Now I have encountered a scenario where I have a nested data type, and I wish to do the summary on the child records.  It has occurred to me that there is no way -- to my knowledge -- for me to get the actual items that are being summarized.  The code examples of using this feature all use the grid.DataSource, because normally you're summing up the entire DataSource.

I examined the properties of the QuerySummaryResultEventArgs hoping that maybe something in there contains the actual records being summarized but I did not find anything.  I believe a property should be added to this event containing the records being summarized so that event handler code can grab them and pass them to the routine doing the summary calculation.

I've attached a solution illustrating this problem, can you please confirm there is no way to do this presently, or provide a workaround if possible?  thank you.

test.zip