Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Keep floating windows open when main window is minimized
posted

For my project, users want to keep some of their floating panes open when they minimize the main window. Is there way to do this? Possibly worth mentioning, this tool uses NetAdvantage 2010, but I can probably upgrade it to use 2013 if necessary.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

By default the tool windows are owned windows. Owned windows are always above the owner and also they get hidden when the owner is minimized. That is all handled within the OS. So the only way to have some windows not get hidden when the main window is minimized would be to have those not be owned windows. That will mean the window wouldn't get hidden when the main/owning window gets minimized although it also means the OS also won't keep the window above the owner so the owned window can fall behind the main window.

In the version you mention there is no property to allow that. In 11.1 we did add the functionality to the xamDockManager to allow the toolwindows to not be owned (UseOwnedFloatingWindows), to optionally show in the task bar (ShowFloatingWindowsInTaskbar) and themselves allow minimizing and maximizing (Allow(Minimize|Maximize)FloatingWindows) so if you want such functionality you would need to upgrade. As I mentioned there will be implications to making the windows un-owned. Also note that the property I mentioned controls the state for all the floating toolwindows. If you really need this only on some windows you may be able to do that but you'd probably have to handle the ToolWindowLoaded and clear/remove the binding of the PaneToolWindow's IsOwnedWindow property.

Reply Children
No Data