Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Need to select items by hitting the SpaceBar in the Xamdatagrid
posted

Hello Stefen,

Hope you are doing well.

I need to show the Combo box with multiple checkboxes in xamdatagrid cell when it is in edit mode for this I have used XamComboBoxEditor,

1. When it is in edit mode, it should display the selected values in the Dropdown when,
  2. When we click in the dropdown it should not flicker the dropdown as we type into the dropdown, currently it is flickering the dropdown.
  3. I have to select the items by pressing the tab key when the dropdown is opened & items should get highlighted by the Up & down Arrow.
  4. Currently when I click spacebar, when dropdown is opened it closes the dropdown by not selecting any item in the xamdatagrid. It works well when I am selecting it through mouse but not with the space bar & up & down Arrow.
  5. I dont want to show the horizontal scrollbar when dropdown opened. Is there any property, I tried with the  ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Hidden" but with no luck.

This is really critical issue for my application, please help me out.

Please see the attached project & try to provide the solution with the same.

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep

ComboDD.zip
    Offline posted

Hello Pradeep,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Offline posted

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I modified the sample you have sent us, so now it works as you want. Basically I copied the default Style of the XamComboEditor and set the horizontal ScrollBar Opacity to 0 because its visibility is controlled by code. I also handled the XamComboEditor’s PreviewKeyDown event in order to make the highlighted item selected by pressing Tab key. Please let me know if this helps you or you need further assistance on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.

ComboDD2.zip