Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Editing a Real Time XamDatagrid
posted

Hello,

I bound a real-time ticking collection to xamdatagrid's datasource. Also, the grid is editable. The problem is sometimes while the user is editing a cell, an update may just come in and change the value of the cell even though the user is still in edit mode within that cell! Value entered by the user is just lost in the process and I wanted to know if there is a way to handle this scenario gracefully.

In the ideal case, User's value should take precedence over the value coming in from the ticking source.

Also, I've been trying to find a callback event on XamDataGrid which will tell me if the underlying datasource has been updated from an external source and if the user happens to be in EDIT mode while entering a value in one of the cells. perhaps i can use a class similar to "RecordUpdatingAction" and discard the changes coming in from the external source and only preserve the changes made by the user.

HELP!