Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
column Header when grouping
posted

Hi

I need to achieve something like this see image Image 1

As you can see the child records do not have any header, only one header is there on the top. Currently what  I have achieved so far is see image 2

Separate Headers are being showed for every child and I only need one header for whole list.I tried setting  FieldayouetSettings.LabelLocation to hidden but how to show header on top?And also how can I remove the number of items (2 in the above example ) from the every group?

Thanks in advance

posted
    rehmanmansoor said:
     Hi
    I need to achieve something like this see image Image 1

As you can see the child records do not have any header, only one header is there on the top. Currently what  I have achieved so far is see image 2

Separate Headers are being showed for every child and I only need one header for whole list.I tried setting  FieldayouetSettings.LabelLocation to hidden but how to show header on top?

Here is the same problem discribed, but Joe Modica say's: "Unfortunately this scenario is not supported by the xamDataGrid."

rehmanmansoor said:
    And also how can I remove the number of items (2 in the above example ) from the every group?

Try this ...

private void XamDataGridDetails_InitializeRecord(object sender, InitializeRecordEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.Record != null)
    {
    GroupByRecord gbr = e.Record as GroupByRecord;
    if (gbr != null)
    {
    if (gbr.Value != null)
    gbr.Description = string.Format(" {0}", gbr.Value.ToString());
    else gbr.Description = "NULL";
    }
    }
    }

-JD-

posted

Hi

I have smiliar issue - I need a single header for the Grid and no headers for child records.

Joe a quick response please?