Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamRibbon clipping after theme change
posted

Hello,

I've run into an issue of clipping with XamRibbon v12.2. My application provides the ability to change themes at runtime, but I have only 2 themes in use. Office2K7Blue and Metro. If my application starts with Metro as the theme and this is changed to Office2K7Blue, the group box captions in the ribbon are clipped. I did my best to capture this

The image on the right is the case where Office2K7 was the theme when the application was started, so there was no clipping. You can see that it reserves a few more pixels (I did my best to line them up to show this). It seems as though the space for the ribbon is reserved once and never recalculated, and Metro reserves less space. I've tried everything I can think of (InvalidateLayout, InvalidateMeasure, etc.) to force the ribbon to adjust it's height to account for the change, but nothing has worked.

Is there any way to get the ribbon to recalculate it's required height?

Thanks

Jason

Offline posted

Hello Patrick,

I have investigated your issue and this appears to be similar to an issue already logged with our development team with a Development ID of 130889. I will add the additional information on your specific scenario to this item.  A developer will review my investigation and confirm my findings or to offer a fix, or other resolution.

I have create a private case, CAS-110335-V5N7H9, for you to track this issue. I will leave this case open and update you with this information after the review.  You can also continue to send updates to this case at any time.

You can view the status of all development issues connected to this case from the "Development Issues" tab, when viewing this case on the "My Support Requests" page of our website.

Sincerely,

Valerie

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc

www.infragistics.com/support