Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DimensionsGenerationMode.Metadata issues
posted

Hello,

We have a very complex application using the pivot grid that Todor helped us with a couple of years ago and we are now improving it. One of the things I have tried to do is change the flatDataSource.DimensionsGenerationMode to be DimensionsGenerationMode.Metadata instead of the default Property value so we can start hiding properties we do not want to show. We are using 12.2 with the latest service release.

I have created the hierarchy level descriptors etc but for some reason we are not getting the flatDataSource.Rows.CollectionChanging event when we make the change. Before the change was made we would the event and we get rows in the Rows collection of the flatDataSource.OlapViewModel.Rows. After the change we do not get either.

I must be doing something wrong but Im not sure what exactly Im missing. Everthing is done in the code (not the XAML) and the code is quite large so no point in me posting it up here without some guidance as to what you need.

Perhaps you already have some thoughts on what I might have missed.

Many thanks,
Doug Rees
Ralph Lauren.