Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to make vertically stacked graphs line up?
posted

I have 3 graphs stacked vertically and using the SyncManager. Each graph is bound to series' on both the left and right side. The problem I run into is that occasionally there is no data for a series so the y axis limits are not set and therefore no labels are displayed.  In that case the major x axis lines do not line up perfectly across the 3 graphs. I have tried setting the Extent property of the left and right y axis but this does not seem to work. Is there a way to force the spacing/size of the y axis when there are no labels? 

I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about. The graphs are set to the same limits and if all y axes had ranges displayed they line up correctly. I need to account for when not all axes will be available.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I can suggest adding a ValueOverlay to your XamDataChart, when there is not data in it. You can set the Brush of the ValueOverlay to Transparent, in order for the line to not appear and also when the series in the chart has data, you can remove the ValueOverlay. I have created a sample application for you, that shows how you can implement this approach.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

VerticallySyncCharts.zip
Reply Children
No Data