Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DockManager Content Resize
posted

Hi,

For our project we have a XamDockManager, with several Content Panes located within. The project deals with streaming real-time data, and because of this causes the UI to repaint often, which works well enough until we try to adjust the layout of the Content panes in the XamDockManager (it causes the UI to lag due to too many things trying to update at once). For panes being dragged/moved we have hooked into the PaneDragStarting/PaneDragEnded events of the XamDockManager to pause/resume updates, but for resizing of panes, we can’t find the same functionality. When we hook into the "SizeChanged" event of the Content Pane, we can find when the resizing has ended, but is there any way to know when resizing has started for a Content Pane within a XamDockManager?

Thanks,
Shawn Thieke

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I can suggest you use the ContentPane’s LayoutUpdated event, which fires when you start resizing the Pane and after the SizeChanged event is fired it fires again. Please let me know if this helps you or you need further assistance on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.