Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to style the XamGrid/XamDataGrid
posted

I have a WPF app that has a structure of a grid with 2 columns. Column 1 is a time and column 2 is another grid. I found that when I bind 100s of data points the performance is very slow so I converted over to a XamGrid fort he virtualization ability but trying to style the XamGrid to look like how I styled the WPF grid is difficult.

Where is the documentation on the available styling options on each of the components of the XamGrid? Why is there a XamGrid and a XamDataGrid and are the styling options the same? One item I can not seem to find any way to configure is the vertical scroll bar. Is there a way to style this? What about the alternate row background color? It appears I have to retemplate the entire control to get the configurability I want but there is no documentation on what the structure currently is so I do not know what to override.

My grid needs no special functionality such as grouping or summaries or calculations. I just need a performant grid that I can bind up to several thousand data objects to and have it displayed on the screen within 2 seconds. The WPF grid takes upwards of 10 seconds to display.