Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ColumnSeries performance with large amount of data
posted

Hello!

I'm trying to make a histogram-style graph, and I'm using ColumnSeries for it. I have about 15k points on the X axis, and with this amount of data the performance of the chart is VERY bad. Chart filling takes about 20 seconds, and zooming is very very slow, so the chart is impossible to use.

ItemsSource is set to ICollectionView, which is used for filtering values.

I tried another types of charts which performed better, but a ColumnSeries is still much more preferable to use (PointSeries are not a histogram-style and with StepAreaSeries it isn't possible to distinguish one point from another when many of them have the same value).

So, what can I do about this? How to make ColumnSeries possible to use with this amount of points? It appears that chart doesn't hide some of the columns like points in the PointSeries, and I think that it might affect performance.

Please help me!

Offline posted

Hello Vasily, 

I have been looking through your post and I have contacted our development team for more information about improving the performance of the XamDataChart when ColumnSeries are used. I will update this forum thread soon.

Thank you for your patience.