Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DataPointTemplates Question
posted

Can I use DataPointTemplate for a Data Points in a scatter line chart or not. The About DataPointTemplates documentation confuses me.

It says "The following types of charts do not use DataTemplates". Does this mean NO kind of data tempalte are supported at all in Scatter Line? What about markers?

Basically I need to be able add the concept of a selected data point. I would like to add mouse hover trigger, and change marker when point is selected. This needs to be done in scatterline chart though.

Offline posted

Marker templates will still work in ScatterLine charts.  You should be able to implement what you're describing using just the marker DataTemplate.

posted

It appears Marker Templates are supported

<DataTemplate x:Uid="DataTemplate_1" DataType="{x:Type igChart:MarkerTemplate}">

<RadioButton x:Name="ChartMarkerButton" x:Uid="ChartMarkerButton1"

Style="{StaticResource MarkerButtonStyle}"

Click="Marker_Button_Click"

ToolTip="{Binding Path=ToolTip, Converter={StaticResource MarkerButtonToolTipConverter}}"

Loaded="ChartMarkerButton_Loaded"

/>

</DataTemplate>