Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Restrict edit
posted

Hi

In my pivotgrid I have the following hierarchies :

On Columns - Geographies (e.g. World, Regions, Countries )
On Rows - Items (e.g. Item Level 1, Item Level 2, Item Level 3)

and a single measure (Percentage Improvement) which has a custom aggregator which works out the weighted average improvement.

So the geographies hierarchy could contain:  

World
  Europe
    UK
    Ireland
    France

and the items hierarchy:  

Items Group 1
  Items Group 2
    Item 1
    Item 2 

I have implemented cell editing which is working but when I try to fine-tune it, I begin to get a little stuck so am hoping you'll be able to give me some direction.

1. In the example above, let's say that Item 1 can only have an improvement entered against the region level and so we need to disable direct user editing for UK, Ireland & France for Item 1. I have trapped the CellEnterEdit event but can't see anyway of cancelling the edit (or disallowing it). Is there a way?

2. Assuming the user has entered 10% against Europe for Item 1, I pass this value down to each of the child countries to keep the aggregator working but I don't want to display the value at country level for this item. Is this possible?

Thanks

Keith

Parents Reply Children
No Data