Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Strange results in String-based values for XamCurrencyEditor and XamNumericEditor
posted

I'm encountering some strange behavior in the editor controls and I'm wondering whether (a) it's a bug or (b) if I'm missing some required property settings.

If I set up a currency editor to bind its Value to a numeric property in the ViewModel (and set ValueType accordingly), the control works as expected.

<igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor ValueType="{x:Type s:Int32}" Value="{Binding TestInt}">
            <igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor.ValueConstraint>
                <igEditors:ValueConstraint MinInclusive="0" MaxInclusive="1000000" />
            </igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor.ValueConstraint>
        </igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor>

However, if I bind the value to a String property in the ViewModel (and set ValueType accordingly) like this:

<igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor ValueType="{x:Type s:String}" Value="{Binding TestString}">
            <igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor.ValueConstraint>
                <igEditors:ValueConstraint MinInclusive="0" MaxInclusive="1000000" />
            </igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor.ValueConstraint>
        </igEditors:XamCurrencyEditor>

then I get some strange results:

(1) The range checking won't accept valid values within the range, other than the original value from the ViewModel.
(2) The editor content is left justified instead of right-justified.

I believe this is also happening in the XamNumericEditor too.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Jim Honeycutt

Parents Reply Children
No Data