Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
contextMenu w/ shortcuts hlp needed
posted

I have Cut, Copy, Delete and Paste custom commands in my ViewModel.  They all work fine via the contextMenu.  However, I have two problems trying to get shortcuts to work with them. 

1)  Ctrl-V, X, C never hit the command_executed.  For example, hitting Ctrl-V for Paste never hits the code for the Paste function.  However, if I make it Ctrl-B, it does hit the code and works fine.  Copy and Cut and suffer the same problem.  Delete DOES hit the code ever since i set AllowDelete=false in the FieldLayoutSettings. Could the man app, since it already has shortcuts for X, V, C etc be stealing what i want to do?  How to restrict it to the xamDataPresenter only, not the app?

2)  When the code is hit with, say, Ctrl-J for Cut, the e.Parameter is null, so my function cannot operate.  When i use the contextMenu, e.Parameter is the xamDataPresenter.  Paste works because it does not need the xamDataPresenter as parameter.

How can i make the shortcuts function with correct keys AND then function correctly w/ datapresenter?

Attached is pertinent ViewModel code for CutCommand (this forum always cuts it off for some reason)

void CutCommandBinding_CanExecute(object sender, CanExecuteRoutedEventArgs e)
        {
e.CanExecute = true;
e.Handled = true;         }
void CutCommandBinding_Executed(object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
        { 
            XamDataPresenter xamDataPresenter = e.Parameter as XamDataPresenter;
            if (xamDataPresenter != null)
            {
                // do work here
            }
        }

this.CutCommand = new RoutedCommand();
            this.CutCommand.InputGestures.Add(new KeyGesture(Key.B, ModifierKeys.Control));
            this.CutCommandBinding = new CommandBinding();
            this.CutCommandBinding.Command = this.CutCommand;
            this.CutCommandBinding.Executed += new ExecutedRoutedEventHandler(CutCommandBinding_Executed);
            this.CutCommandBinding.CanExecute += new CanExecuteRoutedEventHandler(CutCommandBinding_CanExecute);

and XAML:

<igDP:XamDataPresenter x:Name="Presenter" DataSource="{Binding Path=MyView}"

BindToSampleData="False" IsNestedDataDisplayEnabled="False"
                                   IsGroupByAreaExpanded="False" AutoFit="True" 

IsUndoEnabled="True" 
                                   RecordAdded="Presenter_RecordAdded" RecordUpdating="Presenter_RecordUpdating"
                                   RecordsDeleting="Presenter_RecordsDeleting"
                                   PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown="Presenter_PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown"
                                   InitializeTemplateAddRecord="Presenter_InitializeTemplateAddRecord">

<igDP:XamDataPresenter.ContextMenu>
                    <ContextMenu x:Name="Menu">
                        <MenuItem Header="Cut" Command="{Binding Path=CutCommand}"
                                  CommandParameter="{Binding Path=PlacementTarget, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type ContextMenu}}}"/>
                        <MenuItem Header="Copy" Command="{Binding Path=CopyCommand}"
                                  CommandParameter="{Binding Path=PlacementTarget, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type ContextMenu}}}"/>
                        <MenuItem Header="Paste" Command="{Binding Path=PasteCommand}"/>
                        <Separator/>
                        <MenuItem Header="Delete" Command="{Binding Path=DeleteCommand}"
                        <MenuItem Header="Print" Command="{Binding Path=PrintCommand}"
                    </ContextMenu>
                </igDP:XamDataPresenter.ContextMenu>
                <igDP:XamDataPresenter.FieldLayoutSettings>
                    <igDP:FieldLayoutSettings AutoArrangeCells="Never" AllowDelete="False"
                                              AutoGenerateFields="False" 
                                              AllowClipboardOperations="None"
                                              CopyFieldLabelsToClipboard="True"
                                              AddNewRecordLocation="OnBottomFixed" 
                                              AllowAddNew="True">
                        <igDP:FieldLayoutSettings.DefaultRowDefinition>
                            <RowDefinition Focusable="True" />
                        </igDP:FieldLayoutSettings.DefaultRowDefinition>
                    </igDP:FieldLayoutSettings>
                </igDP:XamDataPresenter.FieldLayoutSettings>
                <igDP:XamDataPresenter.FieldLayouts>
                    <igDP:FieldLayout>
                        <igDP:FieldLayout.Settings>
                            <igDP:FieldLayoutSettings LabelLocation="SeparateHeader" AllowClipboardOperations="None"
                                                      RecordSeparatorLocation="FixedRecords"
                                                      HighlightAlternateRecords="True"/>
                        </igDP:FieldLayout.Settings>