Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamComboEditor changes from default value to blank
posted

I have a XamComboEditor in my XamDataGrid that I've successfully put different options into, and you can change options via the dropdown box, etc etc etc bottom line is that it works.

Unfortunately there is one problem that is really annoying, and I have not been able to find an answer scouring these forums.   I have a default value that shows up, "Auto".  You can change from this option, and the change stays.  Switching back, "auto" then stays.

HOWEVER, from the initial default value "Auto", if you select the combo box as if to change it, but don't select anything... you can then click twice outside the box (one to cancel selection and then again to do something else such as select a record in the grid), "Auto" disappears!!!

In my code, I do not change the value of the currently selected item if the selection is "null", which is what happens in this situation. I'm calling the appropriate RaisePropertyChanged() method, yet the visual combobox still changes :(

Is there any way to stop this from happening?  Even repeated calls to RaisePropertyChanged() do not fix this.  And as I said, this is only on the very first initial value.  Once you've changed the selection everything works as expected.  Any thoughts?

Parents Reply Children