Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Instantiate GroupByRecords
posted

Hi Folx,

I have two questions:

1. I have a xam grid app where I need to do my own groupings, including making my own GroupByRecords. But as you know, GroupByRecord has no constructors. In spite of this, I've found a way to make an instance. The problem is I have no way to set the read-only properties (eg, ChildRecords). My data server will supply me w/the group members, which I need to assign as the ChildRecords to the GroupByRecord, for proper display. If not GroupByRecord, then ExpandableFieldRecord might work for me.
  2. How do I recognize when a user types <Enter> into (or loses focus from) a columns' filter text box?

Can you help? I appreciate a quick response.

Thanx, Rob

Offline posted

Hello Rob,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Offline posted

Hello Rob,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. I have been looking into your post and I can suggest you handle the XamDataGrid’s RecordFilterChanged event and add the following code in its handler:

Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(new Action(() => 
    {
        if ((Utilities.GetDescendantFromName(sender as DependencyObject, "PART_FocusSite") as TextBox).Text == "<Enter>")
        {
            //Do something
        }
    }), DispatcherPriority.Background, null);

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.