Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WPF/Silverlight compatible control
posted

Hi,

Currently we have one application in Silverlight in which we are using Infragistics controls and now we are going to start a second application in WPF. However we are interested to use such controls (either Infragistics or other competitors) so that we can easily consume same XAML code (with very little changes) in Silverlight. I am puzzled that either Infragistics WPF controls have compatibility with SIlverlight like Telerik claim that they have same control suite for WPF and Silverlight.

Kindly give me your expert comments that how much easily it will be possible to use same WPF view in Silverlight (with very less changes) using Infragistics controls.

Thanks,

M. Irfan

Parents
    posted

Hello,

Since our 2010.2 Volume Release, we are building our controls based on unified XAML strategy and our goal is to provide completely the same experience for both platforms - SL / WPF, so unless there are limitations or specific requirements of the platform you should be able to fully reuse your code.

Below I am listing all Line Of Business component that were build on unified XAML strategy:

• XamCalendar
    • XamColorPicker
    • XamDataTree
    • XamDialogWindow
    • Drag and Drop Framework
    • XamMenu
    • XamContextMenu
    • XamSchedule
    • XamSlider
    • XamSpellChecker
    • XamTagCloud

HTH,