Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Read-only xamSchedule?
posted

Hi all,

I want to use the xamSchedule for display purposes only, displaying entries from a table that I've successfully mapped to the schedule appointments, but not allowing changes of some fields to save back to the underlying datasource. Essentially I want a one-way binding on all of the fields, or if possible allowing the dates to change but having the subject and content be read-only.

Thanks!

-Martin

Offline posted

Hello Martin,

I am just checking if you require any further assistance on the matter.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

www.infragistics.com/support

Offline posted

The ScheduleSettings of the XamScheduleDataManager exposes a derived ActivitySettings property for each activity type (e.g. AppointmentSettings for Appointments). The ActivitySettings exposes a number of properties to allow you to control what types of interactions the end user may perform (AllowAdd, AllowEdit, AllowRemove, AllowResizing, AllowDragging, etc.). Note some of these will have an impact on others - e.g. AllowEdit false will mean that the activity cannot be resized since that is a form of edit - so it will be more involved to try and support resizing without supporting other forms of editing. For instance you might need to re-template the AppointmentPresenter to remove the edit related parts and you might need to handle the AppointmentDialogDisplaying and either cancel it or set the AllowModifications to false.