Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Edit Mode Ended keeps firing.
posted

Hi,

In a xaml, I have two grids. When I select a parent record in the upper grid, its corresponding list of child records gets displayed in the lower grid.

In the lower grid, if user keeps the focus in the first cell and press tab or press anywhere else in the lower grid, a validation is performed during edit mode ending, and a flag is set when its cell value is empty. Based on the flag, I display a message in edit mode ended and set back the focus in the same cell. Coz, I dont want user to do anything else unless he/she enters a value in the first cell.

1) I find the first cell in the row in the current row.

2) Set that as active cell, make it isselected and isactive flags equals true.

3) grd.ActiveCell.DataPresenter.ExecuteCommand(DataPresenterCommands.StartEditMode);

The above operation works properly, when user clicks anywhere within the lower grid, but if user clicks outside the lower grid, message keeps popping up, indefinitely. Internally, grid_EditModeEnding and Grid_EditModeEnded events are fired over and over.

Could you please help me on this? Can you suggest what could be the reason for this eccentric behavior?

Regards,

Balaji Rajendran

CCH-WK, Torrance, CA.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Balaji,

I am just checking if you got this worked out or you still require any assistance or clarification on the matter.

If this is what you were looking for please verify the answer so it helps other users as well

Children
No Data