Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ensuring a particular data point is visible
posted

I show scatter series on my xamDataChart and some of these series can have a very large number of points.  I know that I can set the MaximumMarkers like so:

myScatterSeries.MaximumMarkers = 1000; // or whatever

and that seems to work well enough when I don't have > 1000 points in the series.  But prior to runtime, it's anybody's guess how many points will be there.

So what happens is that point's 1, 2, 5, 7 might be visible but 3, 4 and 6 are not.  I'm generally OK with that and typically the user would zoom into a region of the chart and then 3,4 and 6 are visible.

Externally, a particular point can have attributes (marked as "of interest", for instance) and those points stand out by having their rendertransform 2x the height to make them bigger.

But if that point isn't currently displayed (it's point 3, 4, or 6 in my example), the user misses the fact that this point is there since it isn't visible.

Is there a way to ensure that any specific data point is visible?

Thanks,

Matt

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello,

I am following up to see if you have any questions regarding implementeing Graham's suggestion.

Thank you,
    Sam

Children
No Data