Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
bug: SelectedItemsChanged event does not occur after editmodeended
posted

Bug:

you do send a selecteditemschanged event before the combo editor is displayed. Then the selection is empty. But when the edit mode ends (esc key) you do not send a selected itemschanged event.

Background:

I'm trying to implement the 'Button.IsEnabled' code for a 'show search' command. The Search dialog shall be available when a cell is activated with a foreign key property.

I face a lot of problems because your 'selecteditems' property contains nothing while a (combo) editor is displayed on the cell. This makes implementation unnecessary complicated because the button shall be available also when the combo editor is shown. (i guess the standard use case expects the same behaviour regardless if a editor is displayed or not). I need to write a lot of state managment code in order to achive this behaviour. This is not nice, but it's possible. But by doing this i get stuck with the above described bug.

The above described bug causes my 'search-button' become gray when the editmode is left via the escape key.