Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Draw acumulative and Delta series
posted

Hi,

I've two numerical series, one of them is an accumulative series (value at point "n" = alpha; value at point "n+1" = beta = alpha + delta, and so on...). Is there any option to draw directly "delta" values?

In other case, my series is only "delta" values (value at point "n" = delta0; value at point "n+1" = delta1, and so on...). Is there any option to draw the accumulate series?

My current solution in both cases is recalculate the series to the desired value.

Thanks in advanced

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Your best option currently, if I understand correctly what you are trying to do, is to calculate the values for the lines you want displayed up front, and then just assign those values to the series.  You can implement a CustomIndicator, where you assign it some data and specify a calculation that is to be performed on the data, and the CustomIndicator will automatically reperform the calculation if the values of the underlying data change. Maybe this is something you would be interested in? The CustomIndicator is ostensibly for financial data, but you could use it for another data type if you felt it is more natural than you doing the calculations up front.

For a simple example of using CustomIndicator, see: http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/48149/257201.aspx#257201

-Graham

Reply Children
No Data