Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Changing Themes for Styled Controls
posted

Hello,

Our application uses infragistics all over it's UI, with the Office2k7Blue Theme.

However, some controls had to be styled and edited a little, such as adding a button to OutlookBar, or disabling the QAT button on the Ribbon in a certain situation.

To do these styles, we use styles with BasedOn={igThemes:RibbonOffice2k7Blue}, and import <igThemes:RibbonOffice2k7Blue/> and <igThemes:RibbonOffice2k7BlueBrushes/> at the start of the resourcedictionary.

This brings us to the problem. In a certain event, we want to forcefully change the theme to office black (or change the color of a wash for all styles, if possible).

If we use Theme=..., it changes all the unstyled controls, but leaves those untouched.
We think it is possible with resourcewashing but we can't really get how.
If we have many different style XYZResourceDictionary.xaml, how can we change the resource washer in all of them in runtime?

If that isn't possible, how would you go about removing the previous imported "theme" (resourcedictionary) and adding the new one to all controls?

Thank you.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. So I have been looking through your post and I suggest you look in the feature browser under xamRibbon / Themes and Custom Styles / live ResourceWashing section where it is shown the functionality you want.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.

Children
No Data