Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
working with objects - Historic Combo not containing data
posted

I have a data grid that uses combo boxes for the user to select an object.

My problem is that the combo boxes are populated with what is currently available ( date / level related) which is fine while filling out the current day but if you look at historic data the combo box does not always contain the items that were selected in the past. Which means they don't display the label all you see is a reference to the object.

I thought the solution to this would be to change the editor style in historic data to a text box ( editing no longer needed) and show just the item that was selected.

However because I am working with objects I can't get them to display properly. Changing the editor style to a texteditor is fine but I need the to display a property of the object in the texteditor not the object.

In the combobox the DisplayMemberPath handles this. But in the textbox i can't get it to display the Object.Name rather than Object

Can anyone suggest a way to handle this issue?

Thanks

Murray

Parents Reply Children
No Data