Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems with group display value
posted

I have two combo boxed in a grid, where the second combobox is bound to a List property on the selected item of the first combobox.  I've noticed one issue with this setup.  When I drag the NoteType into the Group Area the grouping works as I'd expect, but if instead I drag the NoteSubType it displays the NoteSubType.ID instead of the NoteSubType.Name.

What's really weird is that if I drag the NoteType, then drag the NoteSubType both columns groups dislpay their ID's instead of their Names.

I would expect these to always display the value that I selected in the DisplayMemberPath.

I've attached a sample project that shows the problem in action.  

Any help here would be appreciated.

ParentChildDropDownInGrid.zip
    Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. So I have been looking through your post but I wasn’t able to run your sample project, so if this is still an issue for you could you please look at the sample and let me know if there is something that I don’t do wright.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.