Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Serialization on save/load layout
posted

Hi,

I have read the earlier post about save/load layout. I understand there's no built-in support so I had to use Save and Load Views provided in the feature browser as an example. I did that. I noticed the difference between using this approach and the built-in support coming from other Infragistics controls like XamDataGrid is the lack of support of serialization. E.g., to save and load views I use RowsHierarchy which is ObservableCollection<IHierarchy>. However, Hierarchy itself does not provide parameterless constructor and cannot be serialized to XML.

Is there a way to work with serialization? If not, is it going to be supported in a future release?

Thanks,

Yu

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi

You can look at this post for another example how to save/load view of pivot grid control. It is written for silverlight, but it will work and for WPF.

About implementing of save/load functionality as a feature in pivot grid, we have planned it for our future releases, but I can’t tell you if this will be in 11.1 or 11.2. For sure it will be not in 10.3 which is planned for October this year.

Regards

Todor

Reply Children
No Data