Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamMaskedEditor cannot have unicode escapes in mask problem
posted

Hi, I tried putting "\u0394" (which is Δ (greek character delta)) in a xamMaskedEditor.Mask but it didn't let me enter it afterward.

I then tried putting Δ in the xamMaskedEditor.Mask (by pasting it directly from charmap), and this worked.

What is the proper way of putting a unicode escape sequence in a xamMaskedEditor.Mask?

I've tried "\u0394", "\\u0394", neither worked. What am I missing?

Also another related question: Can I specify unicode ranges in a mask like "\u0394-\u0399" since I don't want to enter each character in the greek alphabet manually? Is there any way other than manually entering each unicode greek character?

Offline posted

Hello jhonny206,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

If the above suggestion helped you solve your issue please verify the thread as answered so other users may take better advantage of it.

Offline posted

Hello jhonny206,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and since our editors are meant to work with their own mask input formats I can suggest you use the following mask  “{}{char:8:α-ωΑ-Ω}” which will restricts the user to enter only Greek letters. You can read more about xamMaskEditor here:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WPF/2010.3/CLR4.0/?page=xamEditors_Masks.html

If you need any further assistance on this matter do not hesitate to ask.