Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Combine two bindings into one field XamDataPresenter
posted

Can anyone show me the easiest way to combine two strings in an Unbound field that are the result of bindings?  For example, I now have two columns, FirstName and LastName that are bound separately.  I would like to "merge" these into one column, NAME.  I DON'T want to change the code behind and what they are bound to currently.

Currently:

<igDP:UnboundField Name="FirstName" Label="First Name" BindingPath="FirstName" BindingMode="TwoWay" Width="60"/>

<igDP:UnboundField Name="LastName" Label="LastName" BindingPath="LastNamel" BindingMode="TwoWay" Width="60"/>

I want:

<igDP:UnboundField Name="Name" Label="Name" BindingPath="?????????????" BindingMode="TwoWay" Width="120"/>

Not sure what to do.  Multibinding?  Converter?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

The quickest way to achieve this would be to apply a converter to this field. Here is some sample code for the field and the converter :

<igDP:UnboundField Converter="{StaticResource conv}"/>

public  class  MyConverter  : IValueConverter 
         {
             public  object  Convert(object  value, Type  targetType, object  parameter, System.Globalization.CultureInfo  culture)
             {
                 DataRecord  dr = parameter as  DataRecord ;
                 if  (dr != null )
                 {
                     Person  p = dr.DataItem as  Person ;
                     if  (p != null )
                     {
                         return  p.FirstName + "  " +p.LastName;
                     }
                 }
                 return  Binding .DoNothing;
             }

public  object  ConvertBack(object  value, Type  targetType, object  parameter, System.Globalization.CultureInfo  culture)
             {
                 throw  new  NotImplementedException ();
             }
         }

Children
No Data