Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Point MapLayer Symbols issue
posted

Hi Guys

I am having some issues displaying a point layer. No matter what I try, the symbols for the layer are just tiny dots in the map. Additionally the hover over highlighting seems to be acting extremely odd. What happens is that when I move the mouse the point that is highlighted is usually no where near the cursor and some map elements are not able to be highlighted.

It seems that the map is creating large symbols for the points, these are overlapping each other, but the map is not drawing them. At least that is my guess.  I have tried playing with SymbolSize and some other attributes but I just cant seem to get it right.

Im sure its something simple that I have just missed.

The Xaml Map definition is below

<igMap:XamMap  x:Name="theMap"
                Initialized="theMap_Initialized"
                HorizontalAlignment="Left"
                GridDisplayMode="None"
                ElementClick="theMap_ElementClick"
                Background="{x:Null}" Foreground="{x:Null}" ViewportBorderBrush="{x:Null}" ViewportBackground="{x:Null}">
                    <igMap:MapLayer SymbolType="Bubble"  DataContext="{Binding}" LayerName="DropLocations">
                        <igMap:MapLayer.Reader>
                            <igMap:SqlShapeReader DataMapping="Data=Geom;Id=liEventKey;"    />
                        </igMap:MapLayer.Reader>
                    </igMap:MapLayer>
                </igMap:XamMap.Layers>
                <igMap:MapNavigationPane Margin="10"
                                     igControls:XamDock.Edge="InsideRight" />
            </igMap:XamMap>

The data is being set as per below

ObservableCollection<vwLocationWithWKTGeom> geoms = ((LocationRepository)theMap.Layers["ROMPAD"].DataContext).FindAllSpatialLocations;
            SqlShapeReader sqlReader = theMap.Layers["ROMPAD"].Reader as SqlShapeReader;
            if (sqlReader != null)
            {
                sqlReader.DataSource = geoms;
                theMap.Layers["ROMPAD"].ImportAsync();
            }

where the Geom column is a Well known text field a couple of examples below

POINT(40.8559 20.9835)

POINT(42.6019 -31.2075)

Parents Reply Children
No Data