Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Redefine/alias resources for ribbon
posted

Hello, we currently try to restyle the ribbon control (for now only colors). To do that one has to modify the appropriate xaml file, where the used colors are defined (for us this is for example the file RibbonOffice2k7Brushes_Silver.xaml).

In our company we also have a company wide xaml file that defines our company colors. Instead of copy/paste the colors from our company color xaml to the ribbon color xaml, I would prefer to redefine/alias the color resource keys defined and used in the ribbon to point/use directly our color resource keys.

Example:

Our company color xaml file contains the following color definition caled "MyRadialGradientBrush"

<RadialGradientBrush PresentationOptions:Freeze="true" x:Key="MyRadialGradientBrush" igThemes:ResourceWasher.WashGroup="IsChecked" Center="0.5142857142857142,0.953125" GradientOrigin="0.5142857142857142,0.953125" RadiusX="0.9247836537051156" RadiusY="0.9247836537051156">
        <RadialGradientBrush.GradientStops>
            <GradientStopCollection>
                <GradientStop Color="Red" Offset="0" />
                <GradientStop Color="Red" Offset="0.34880000352859497" />
                <GradientStop Color="Red" Offset="0.5580999851226807" />
                <GradientStop Color="Red" Offset="1" />
            </GradientStopCollection>
        </RadialGradientBrush.GradientStops>
    </RadialGradientBrush>

In the modified ribbon color xaml, I would like to to the following:

<StaticResourceExtension ResourceKey="MyRadialGradientBrush" x:Key="{x:Static igRibbon:RibbonBrushKeys.ButtonCheckedCenterOverlayFillKey}"/>

Usually this will alias the original color resource with the one used by the ribbon. I have done this for my own stuff, but somehow in the above example it crashes at runtime.

Do you have an idea what is wrong, or could you give some advice how this could be accomplished?

Thanks and best regards,

Rainer