Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TabGroupPane Show Dirty Status
posted

Hi

I'm currently creating a Prism based app and I want to be able to show the dirty status of my view model in the tab header as per Visual Studio.

My view model has a bool IsDirty property but I'm not quite sure how to modify the control template to show an asterisk, I guess I'll need a "DirtyToStringConverter" somewhere!

Thanks in advance for any help.

posted

Hello,

I am not sure if you would need to use a converter at all. What you could do is to modify the TabHeaderTemplate of the ContentPane and put a textblock with an asterisk. Then, you can bind the visibility on that textblock based on the IsDirty property of your underlying object, like this :

<DataTemplate x:Key="CPTabHeaderTemplate">

<DockPanel>

<ContentPresenter Content="{Binding Header}" />

<TextBlock Text="*" x:Name="isDirty" Visibility="Collapsed" />

</DockPanel>

<DataTemplate.Triggers>

<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding DataContext.Content.IsDirty, RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}" Value="True">

<Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" TargetName="isDirty" />

</DataTrigger>

</DataTemplate.Triggers>

</DataTemplate>

I have attached a sample project for your reference.

XamDockManager_DirtyTab.zip