Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Changing themes at runtime throws an exception
posted

Whenever I change themes at runtime by changing the ThemeManager.CurrentTheme property I get a null reference exception (stack trace below). The first time I change it, it works fine, but every subsequent time it fails. Is there something more I need to be doing than just setting that property?

Also, even running the sample posted by Alex in this thread http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/37459/224447.aspx I get an exception when I change the theme.

at System.Windows.DeferredResourceReference.RemoveInflatedListener(ResourceReferenceExpression listener)
   at System.Windows.ResourceReferenceExpression.InvalidateCacheValue()
   at System.Windows.ResourceReferenceExpression.InvalidateExpressionValue(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.InvalidateResourceReferences(DependencyObject d, ResourcesChangeInfo info)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.OnResourcesChanged(DependencyObject d, ResourcesChangeInfo info, Boolean raiseResourceChangedEvent)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.OnResourcesChangedCallback(DependencyObject d, ResourcesChangeInfo info)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.StartWalk(DependencyObject startNode, Boolean skipStartNode)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.InvalidateOnResourcesChange(FrameworkElement fe, FrameworkContentElement fce, ResourcesChangeInfo info

Parents
    Offline posted

I know that MS introduced a bug like that when they fixed a memory leak in the WPF framework relating to using DynamicResources and I believe it started showing up either with Vista SP2 or some updates that they published around that time. I would recommend getting the latest updates from MS and if you still get the problem to contact their support group.

Reply Children
No Data