Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Seeing Columns At Design Time
posted

Hey,

I'm new to WPF so I'm probably doing something completely wrong here:

I have a Person class.  I want to bind a list of these to the grid.  This list will be fetched sometime after the form is loaded, based on criteria from the user.  I want to be able to see the columns at design time.

This is what I tried: I put a PersonCollection property in my Window code behind, in my XAML I added DataContext="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}}" in the Window tag to set the window as its own data context, then I added DataSource="{Binding RatingAgencyModelList}"  in the grid tag to set the property as the data source of the grid.  At run time the data is loaded as expected.  However, at design time I don't see any columns.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello jlotridge,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

If the above suggestion helped you solve your issue please verify the thread as answered so other users may take better advantage of it.

Children
No Data