Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to not show fieldchooser hidden fields on the report
posted

I have a xamdatagrid that I'm adding to a report and on the report it shows all columns even tho some were hidden for display via the FieldChooser.

I'm familiar with trapping to change field width on the pagination starting event in the report.

But the fieldchooser isn't tied to the event args there and I"m not sure what I need to do.

Do I need to trap and check

e.FieldChooser.CurrentFields[0].Field.Visibility

to set something ...where and when to do it?

Edit: Actually...its more complicated..in the belief that the only way to copy only visible records I've made a copy of the grid I"m trying to display.

As they could have grouped and expanded only some records. Its assumed the report should show only the records they have displayed.

So the grid does pick up the fact that some fields are hidden if I send it to the report directly.

When I do the copy to process for visible records it is not handling the fieldchooser hidden records.

Offline posted

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. Reporting will automatically exclude fields which were hidden using the FieldChooser so I am assuming your issue is related to custom processing you are doing. If you need further assistance please let me know more about how you are copying the grid and what you expect to be reported. Are you looking to print the grid exactly as it is displayed on the window at the time uses prints it?

Valerie