Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamComboEditor - white text unless mouse over???
posted

Hi

I am trying to use xamComboEditor. In my main project the items have a white foreground and background colour, unless I mouse over the item - in which case I can see the text. Otherwise it just looks blank.

In a stand alone project I can get it too work?

I have tried to apply themes and it still doesnt work?

I cant find anything that would clash with it.

Please help

Chris

<igEditors:XamComboEditor Name="xamComboEditor1" Width="200" Height="20" Theme="Aero">
<igEditors:XamComboEditor.ItemsProvider>
<igEditors:ComboBoxItemsProvider x:Name="itemsProvider1" />
</igEditors:XamComboEditor.ItemsProvider>
</igEditors:XamComboEditor>

code behind binds to dataset then....

this.itemsProvider1.DisplayMemberPath = "Desc";
this.itemsProvider1.ValuePath = "ID";

Parents
    Offline posted

So just to be clear, the text within the items in the dropdown are not visible until you mouse over them. If so then it sounds like the Foreground property is the same as the Background property. The xamComboEditor contains a ComboBox in its EditTemplate and it is that combobox that provides the dropdown. The ComboBox creates a ComboBoxItem for each item in the list. We do not provide a custom style for that class so maybe you have a Style for that class in the ancestor chain that is providing the Foreground/Background that is being used. Without a sample I cannot say what is specifically leading to the problem so you would likely need to run something like Snoop and inspect the tree to see where the values for the Foreground/Background are coming from.

Reply Children