Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Accessing child records
posted

In the windows forms infragistics grid, you could get at the rows in a child table by indexing the band.  How do you do this in the xamdatagrid?  I know how to get them for a particular parent, but how can I access the rows for a give child table and iterate them?  I can do this by getting the underlying datasource and get at the datatable, but I need to be able to get the corresponding parent row in the xamdatagrid - is there a way to get a xamdatagrid row from an underlying ado.net datarow?

Offline posted

Hello rkarpelowitz,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and in XamDataGrid there are FieldLayouts instead of Bands, but you are not able to get them the way you get them in WinGrid, although you can iterate through parent records and get their children like this:

(xamDataGrid1.Records[0] as DataRecord).ChildRecords[0].ChildRecords

Please note, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well.

Feel free to write me if you need further assistance.