Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid to xamDataGrid
posted

After having successfully deployed a WinForm solution using UltaWinGrid (.net 2.0), we are currently evaluating xamDataGrid to be used on a new project with WPF. The grid will be used in a Desktop application and will not be used in a RIA. So my question is, does xamDataGrid provide equivalent functionality as the UltraWinGrid for the following? (FYI, we used UltraWinGrid to bind a BindingList of object.)

- Editable cell based on conditions on the object.

- Customize Row background/foreground colors on each Row based on conditions on the object .

- Parent/Child relationship on the objects

- Group By columns

- Custom Column Filters

- KeyDown/KeyPress events

Also, in terms of performance which one would be better? xamDataGrid (in WPF) vs UltraWinGrid (in WinForm) The grid will be bound to about 3000 to 5000 records at one time and the data in the BindingList will be updated via another thread in the background.

I am very new to WPF and xamDataGrid and looking for a place to start. Is there any articles/wiki that I can read/learn on how to achieve the above using xamDataGrid?

Thanks in advance.