Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamTextEditor Border Problems
posted

All I am trying to do is set it so that my border is red, indicating that this is a required field. 

When I use SNOOP, I find that there's actually two borders, a "mainborder" and an "inside border."  However, in Xaml, I can only set the MAINBORDER -- how do I set it so that BOTH borders are red or get rid of one of the borders altogether...  Here's my ZAMMLE.

<igEditors:XamTextEditor Name="txtUnitNumber" Width="100" BorderThickness="2" BorderBrush="{StaticResource RequiredBorderBrush}" Foreground="Black" IsAlwaysInEditMode="True" Text="{Binding Path=UnitNumberLookupText}" TextChanged="txtUnitNumber_TextChanged" ></igEditors:XamTextEditor>

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

If you don't want the default template then you need to create your own template for the control. You can use the default xaml we ship for the controls, which is located in the DefaultStyles directory, as the basis for your template. Perhaps another way to acheive this would be to just put the red border around the element. Note I looked at our default styles for the xamTextEditor and I only see a Border element named MainBorder that contains a TextBlock or when in edit mode a TextBox.